Thursday, June 19, 2014

La la For Lana

Trending news this week: Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence hit stands this Monday and without a doubt has a shot at the #1 spot. Like many other Lana fans, I'm one happy camper just about now. I remember being bored out of my mind one summer day two years ago listening to my Pandora radio and wanna take a guess at what song popped up? Ding ding ding! Born to die. At first I had no idea who or what I was listening to, but half way through the Lana's retro beats and angelic voice I asked myself: Who is this? From first listen I went 'La la For Lana.'

Two years later, after Lana's debut in 2012 it's time for some new, much wanted, tunes. But what makes Lana so irresistible? Is it the fact that she makes you want to Ride on a motorcycle for a living? Or is it the fact that her music makes you feel like you're living an episode of Mad Men? Whatever the case may be, with the way things are going for Ms. Del Rey it doesn't look like she's going anywhere anytime soon. (Thank God!)

So I ask you, what makes Lana so irresistible?

For me, Lana takes it away with her vintage look and sound. When I listen to her soft melodies of Ride I no longer feel like the same goody-to-shoe me. I hang onto this 'Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have Fun.' mentality of life. Which can be a really good thing sometimes. I never do anything crazy or anything I may regret or in that case something that could put me in jail. But, there's something about Lana's eccentric lyrics that take all those worries off my mind. Even if it's only for a short while, we should all be a little crazy from time to time. I'm not saying for you to get wasted, I'm not saying for you to be stupid, I'm saying let go of your insecurities, worries, and doubts and just focus on the Ride life has to offer you.

If Lana's music can make me feel so care free, I wonder how she makes her millions of fans feel? Should I dare mention she only has two albums!

Now that you know the trending news this week, I can now listen to Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence for the 10th time this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment