Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Going the distance

'Write this. Write that.' That's all I hear sometimes. It's all I do. Working for a college newspaper is hard work. And very rarely does it pay off. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the opportunity to enhance my journalism skills. But at the same time I want to write about things I love and things I think are important. For me that's music.
 
I never thought I would be on the road to becoming a student-journalist. Yet here I am climbing the latter to become a music journalist.
 
I've always loved what music does to people. The way we relate to one song is beautiful. That one songwriter had something to say, something no one could put into words yet he was able to. That one song has one meaning yet millions of fans create a meaning based on their own circumstances.  
 
Out of the countless artists out there one has caught my eye: Lana Del Rey. Just to set the record straight; I first listened to her before she made it big. (So don't be callin' me mainstream). I know the key to getting where you want to go is to first do what you don't want to do. With that said, I'll write what I'm told, cross my T's, and dot my I's. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll be that Rolling Stone reporter sitting across from Lana Del Rey. In the mean time, I'll write like the wind.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment