Sunday, August 24, 2014

Mix it up

Every year at the beginning of August students fight their ways to the mall on the search for the latest styles. Here's the thing though, I never wanted to wear clothes that everyone else was wearing. I didn't think I could pull off what other girls were wearing in the body I had. This mind set came from my life-long struggle with self-esteem. It wasn't until my senior year of high school did I feel confident enough to start wearing things I normally wouldn't. (For example, Daisy Dukes. But now I own 15 of them). And when I got to college I wore shorts nearly everyday. And in the winter I wore tights, something I swore I would never wear because my thighs were 'too big.'
 
 
Now in my 2nd year of college and almost 2 years of being confident in myself, I found a style that fits me and only me. I realized no one really cares about your size, but people do notice how confident you are. If I chose to hate myself for not looking a certain way then I will never be happy and the world will see me the same way I see myself. So, don't be afraid to mix things up. Whether that be with clothes, a job, or a new relationship. Only good things can come from taking chances.


What I'm wearing
Top: Sheer Lace & Crochet Top, Forever 21
Bottom: Truth NYC, www. myclothingcompany.com
Shoes: Lavinia, Mossimo Supply Co., Target
 

No comments:

Post a Comment